Wednesday, October 03, 2007

No, No, No


The word "no" has proven to be Jack's favorite word this last month. "No eat", "No put on shoes", "No go downstairs", "No go upstairs", "No go to the park", "No driving mom insane". No, no, no!
Yesterday was a big "no" day. If I was not shaped like a pumpkin, maybe I would be able to handle it. But after an hour of trying to get him to swimming, I decided to cancel the whole class. I was so looking forward to the class but I have some 6 weeks left before the baby comes and I cannot swim for 6 weeks after he comes so why not make life a little easier and not go? Jack did not seem to mind but I will miss my friends in the class. The rest of the day was great. Jack played alone for 2 hours as I painted and then he took a 3.5 hour nap. We went to dinner at Snackville Junction where Jack was fascinated by the train that brought the food. At least the day ended well.
Today started great too. Jack and I drove to the city to see my doctor. He loved hearing the baby's heartbeat and easily moved from room to room with me. I did not hear "no" for at least 3 hours. We then went to our North side playgroup and had fun in Robert's pool and later with his trucks and trains. However when it was time to leave the "no" word came out and Jack was transformed from a sweet little boy to a boy possessed. He finally stopped crying once we were on the road but I was wreck. I am just hoping the night will end on a good note. He did go down for a nap easily so the afternoon looks promising.

No comments: