I was getting ready to go outside with Jack when he came running up to me.
This is the conversation that followed:
Jack: Mommy, it is so sunny outside!
Mom: I know. It is such a nice day.
Jack: It is so windy too.
Mom: What? How do you know it is windy?
Jack: I was outside.
Mom: What? What do you mean you were outside? How did you get out?
Jack: Through the door.
Mom: The door is locked.
Jack just stares at me.
Mom: OK. Show me how you got outside.
The boy knows how to unlock the door and go outside. I was shocked. Here is a video demonstration of the process:
I know I say this about once a month, but Jack is growing up so fast. He listens to everything we say and then repeats stories later with such clarity. While playing in the backyard he was making stops at various stores in his police car. At one stop he asked for coffee with cream in it. I had to laugh because just this morning we stopped at the drive thru for coffee and that was exactly what I ordered. Next we were kicking the ball around the yard. I told Jack not to throw the ball in the garden or kick it in the bushes. Twice he kicked it in the bushes and twice he got a time out. Later Terry told him not to touch his nose while he went inside to get more tissue. When Terry came out again he could not find Jack. He soon found him sitting on the steps. Terry asked what he was doing and Jack told him that he gave himself a timeout because he touched his nose. Good boy! I am glad he is disciplining himself when we are not around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! Love the self-disciplining! What a good boy Jack is! And letting himself out for a little fresh air-how resourceful! That's great for you Meredith, one less thing you have to do now.
Just kidding-I know how scary this is. Sean can also let himself out, and sometimes I wonder what's stopping him from just walking out any time he wants. It must be plain common sense (I hope.)
We missed you guys at the park yesterday.
Post a Comment