Thursday, September 13, 2007

Poor Jack






These last two weeks have had their ups and downs. Starting with the labor day weekend, Terry and I handed Jack over to grandma and grandpa so we could organize the house and set up the baby's room. My parents, as always, were wonderful babysitters but a cold Jack had that week seemed to get worse over the weekend. He was not sleeping, eating and had a fever. I was sick with worry and could not focus for much of the weekend. Jack would have a bad night but would run around and smile during the day. When we picked him up on Monday he seemed great but a few days later we were in the doctor's office with an ear infection! I felt terrible that I let his happy disposition during the day cloud my judgement. The doctor said he probably has a high tolerance for pain and even my mom was surprized because he never pulled or touched his ear.
That following weekend Terry left for a bachelor party in Vegas and Jack and I had some quality time together. I was very nervous to be 7 months pregnant and alone with a toddler for three days but I really enjoyed the time. Jack spent one morning with Grandma Janet as I hit some block sales and we went to a great block party another night. Jack is also talking so much. I lost his sippy cup at the block party and he told me an hour later that he "put it on the table" and then walked me to the cup. He also can hold a pretty good conversation. I asked him where dad was and he said "in Tim's car". Tim and Terry drove together to the airport so I guess to Jack's knowledge dad is still in the car with Tim. It was an exhausting weekend but I really enjoyed the time with Jack. He is growing by leaps and bounds and can really make us laugh.
So just when things seemed to be getting back on track with Jack, he woke up yesterday morning with all of these red spots. I thought it was either a new fabric softner or the pajamas I did not wash before he wore them. So of course I waited a day and the rash is now worse. The doctor thinks he is allergic to amoxicillin, a medicine that he is taking for his ear. It has been 7 days and this is usually when a reaction will kick in. I felt like I had been poisoning my child but my mom said she recently had a similar reaction to penicillin and said the rash did not bother her nor did it itch so Jack is probably totally unaware. Thank God for mothers because I was starting to unravel with each new problem. Although Jack looks terrible we had a great day with Hayden and her new brother Declan. We went to the park, enjoyed the 70 degree weather and just had a great visit. Let's just hope the next week brings good health.
I don't really have any pictures from the past week but I do have a few from today of Declan, Hayden and Jack. Jack loves laying in the bouncer and even let my mom swaddle him and hold him like a baby for a while. I hope Jack realizes that this bouncer is for his brother come November!

1 comment:

jdoughe3 said...

I think the spots look cool. Right on, Jack.