Thursday, September 20, 2007

No Eat. See Ricky.




Jack was so excited to spend the day with his favorite uncle that instead of getting there at 10:00 am, we were there at 9:15. He was dressed with his hat on by 8:00 and did not want to stop to eat. He wanted to see Ricky now.
Our day was very fun. We watched a bobcat take a sidewalk apart and dump it into a dump truck. We visited the firehouse and walked across the train tracks. Jack could not get enough of Ricky and was sad to leave at the end of the day.
Jack is really starting to talk in complete sentences and is such a riot. I asked him if he wanted to take the police car (cozy coupe) to Ricky's house and he said "no, let's take mom's car" as if I was going to walk all the way to Western Springs. When we got home today he ran into the house to see dad. He told Terry "I saw a train. I saw people get off train. People going to see their babies." This was a conversation that we had about 20 minutes beforehand. It is so exciting to listen to him and it is so funny to know now what is going through his head.

No comments: