Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Little Boy




Jack seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. I can pretty much have a several sentence conversation with him and he is also becoming quite the character. I was nervous that he was going to be painfully shy but he is proving me wrong. For the first time this week he is responding to strangers. He offers his name, how old he is and what he is doing. Last night, DirectTV was here and Jack told him he drank all of the water out of Dad's blue cup. Today he went on the big boy swings, said excuse me to another boy whom he was trying to pass and sang all of his night-night songs himself when going to bed. He also has developed an amazing imagination. All of his Little People toys have a name and they play together and kiss a lot (mostly hello). I love when I am in the kitchen and I hear "HMMMM MA". Last night Jack "gave" Terry a violin, a guitar for me and he played the drums on a cardboard box. Later he wanted Terry to sing Bingo and for me to sing Twinkle Twinkle as he played the piano. I find myself staring at him and wondering where my little baby went. All of a sudden he is a little boy dressed in 12 - 18 month old clothes!
Here are a few goofy pictures of him. In one he is making fun of me for laying on the couch (I am 8 months pregnant!), the second is his sad face and the last one is a coat I bought for a birthday this weekend but now I like it for Jack.

1 comment:

no way said...

meredith! in the "sad face" picture he looks so old! he really has grown up since we first met-such a cutie too! isn't it sort of sad to see the first one getting old-what happened to my baby sean? the good thing is-there's mc guffage #2 and megan to watch grow up too!

thanks again for my key!