Easter was very nice this year. We seemed to have been celebrating for the past two weeks with an Easter Egg hunt every other day. Matt thinks it is common practice to come downstairs or in the back yard to look for eggs. Eggs are even hidden at the park, grandma's house or at a friend's house. I will have to slowly phase out this game.
On Sunday we went to my mom's house. The poor girl never seems to have a smooth holiday - although she pulls each dinner off with great patience. This year her oven broke at 6:00 pm Saturday night. Thank goodness the beef brisket was cooked and all dishes partially prepared. We ended up taking everything to a neighbor's kitchen. All day we crossed the street back and forth cooking potatoes, ham, corn souffle and beef. I really wish I had a picture of that but my hands were full. At the end of the day, dinner was perfect and we got a lot of exercise.
The most exciting news is that my cousin Dan Guerin got engaged over the weekend. He and his fiance, Bethany, are planning a summer wedding. I love being completely shocked by good news.
So all in all it was a good weekend. Now Jack is off all week for his Spring Break. I hope I can survive!
1 comment:
Oh McGuffages, you guys are too cute! That family picture is great.
Post a Comment