Friday, May 02, 2008

I am a Little Happy, But So Very Mad

The title is a line borrowed from Jack. It rarely seems to make sense to me - to be mad and happy at the same time - but this is exactly how I feel right now.
I had a very good day with the boys despite many obstacles. Matt threw up twice yesterday and had a fever. The doctor told me not to feed him and see how he is the next day. Anyone who knows Matt would be scared at the possibility of not feeding the boy for a night. Fortunately, he did very well and seemed to improve by this afternoon.
Jack had an "interview" with his new school at 1:30 pm. This meant that we would definitely have to skip his nap and I would have both kids all day. Jack did very well and really seemed to enjoy the school. He talked to the kids and to the teacher and played well. I think by September he and I will be ready to separate for a few hours. Jack is maturing every day and I know he will do fine without his mommy.
To end the day, for the second time this week, I washed a load of laundry without detergent. Where is my mind? But all was not lost. I had a spa night to look forward to with some girlfriends. I bought cookies for the night, ate dinner at 6:00, put Matt to bed by 6:30, got dressed and was waiting by the door at 6:45. After 20 minutes and a call to my friend, I was told that spa night is NEXT week. How did I mess up the dates? I am a little happy, but so very mad! So now both boys are in bed and Terry and I are enjoying a box of cookies. Not too bad I guess.

1 comment:

no way said...

That stinks Meredith! I, too, seem to be having a whole WEEKEND filled with these days. The good news is....we have spa night, next Friday. I am still in!