Friday, February 08, 2008

Winter Blues








We have had so many cold days and so much snow. More than I can ever remember. The boys and I are trying to keep busy but without being able to play outside, go for walks or drive far distances, it has been challenging. We spent one day at our friend, Ava's house. Jack got in touch with his feminine side. He played with Ava's makeup set, hairdresser set and loved pushing her dolls in the stroller. Ava's dad bought a new paper shredder which proved to be the highlight of Jack's week.
Matt is sitting up better and loves a duck shaped rocker that his grandpa gave him. He also loves his little booster seat. It allows him to watch Jack and me "play trains" all day.
Tomorrow, Jack will have his first haircut. I am so excited. I have showed him pictures online of the place and told him about the process (pick a car to sit in, get a haircut, choose a treat from the toy chest). Hopefully it will go well. I can't believe Jack is 2.5 and has never had his hair cut. Ava is two days younger and has not had her's cut but her hair is down her back.

No comments: