Thursday, February 28, 2008

I See the End


Matt is just not napping well today so I decided to throw caution to the wind and take the boys out for a long walk. Both did very well and I got some much needed fresh air. As Matt slept, Jack and I talked about planes, trucks, tow trucks, city buses and street signs. We found a school bus that was in a bank lot (not sure why) but he loved seeing a bus up close. The best part of the walk was seeing a train pull into the station. The driver waved and blew his whistle. Jack could barely contain himself. We ran into a neighbor when we got home. Jack usually clams up around her but talked her ear off this time. She kept driving away a little and he would yell out "his whistle was really loud" and "I saw the end". (For some reason, seeing the end of the train is so exciting for Jack. Even when we play trains he is always talking about the end of the train.) It was really cute.

1 comment:

no way said...

A walk is seriously a gift from heaven. It can cure all my worst moods, and the kids' too. Glad you were able to get out! Next time perhaps we'll join you!