Saturday, April 03, 2010

Good Times





The weather has been so nice the past few days - just in time for Spring Break.
On Saturday, the boys and I took a trip to the Brookfield Zoo. It was kind of spur of the moment but I knew we had to be outside on such a nice day. We had a great time. Jack, who is in love with kangaroos, got to see baby kangaroos, mama kangaroos, feel the inside pouch of one and learned a little about baby joeys. Matt and Jack each got a plastic kangaroo that they now carry everywhere with them - to the park, to the bath and to the Crescent Park Easter Egg Hunt. Each kangaroo has a missing ear though because each boy has "accidentally" bitten the ear and swallowed it.



I often try to ask each boy which was their favorite moment of the day. My favorite moment from Friday came late at night when I took the boys to a nearby park. Matt met a little girl and was immediately fascinated with her. He was so gentle with her and followed her around. He then showed her the kangaroo and said "I went to the zoo. I saw elephants. I saw monkeys." I loved listening in to his little one sided conversation.

Another good moment was the complete silence I experienced for at least half of the car ride home from the zoo. I got milkshakes for the kids and I literally had to check on them every two minutes to make sure they were okay. It is never that quiet with the two of them in the same place.

No comments: