Very, very early this morning I heard Matt yelling "Mama, mama" from his crib.
When I went into his room I had this conversation:
Mom: Matt what's wrong?
Matt: stares at me, no response
Mom: Did you throw up?
Matt: no response
Mom: Are you okay? Are you sick?
Matt: no response
Mom: Do you want me to hold you?
Matt: grabs all of his blankets and stands up
So I sat with Matt in the rocking chair for a while until he was asleep. I gently laid him down in his bed when he immediately woke up:
Matt: I want Super Dog.
Mom: Matt, I am sorry. We could not find Super Dog. I don't know where he is.
Matt: I want Super Dog.
Mom: Matt, it is 3:00 am I have no idea where Super Dog is. You have to sleep without him.
Matt: I want Super Dog.
I seriously thought about waking Terry since he made the rule that the kids have to go to bed without their loved objects if they cannot find them themselves. Instead, I turned every light on in the house and looked for Super Dog. Fortunately I found the small annoying little toy under a cushion. I brought the toy into Matt's room. He looked at me like I was Santa Claus, grabbed the toy and IMMEDIATELY fell asleep.
1 comment:
You guys gotta buy a back up Super Dog.
Post a Comment