Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Matt - A complicated Toddler




Matt is a hard read. He loves to hug, cuddle and kiss. But he also loves to rough house, scream at the top of his lungs and not listen to his elders.

There are times when I can't get enough of him and times when we need our space.
Just today when I was putting him to bed I asked him why he yells at me ("No Mama" with his finger wagging) or why refuses to listen at times. He just snuggled into my arm and said "sorry Mama" and smiled. Hmmm. I just know the teenager years are going to be hard.

Matt's new favorite toy is Krypto the Super Dog. He is rarely without it and if he is - it's a mad dash around the house to find out where this 1/2 inch toy is hiding. Matt eats with this toy, he plays outside with it and he sleeps with it. Jack will sometimes ask where is Super Dog and Matt will uncurl his hand to reveal the constant companion.



If you ask Matt how old he is he will often say 4. He cannot fathom being any younger or any less competent than his older brother. Matt will desperately try to play baseball without a tee, he wants to ride the 2-wheel bike and he thinks he is great at playing any board game. The one activity Matt truly excels in are puzzles. He is an absolute whiz at putting any 12 - 48 piece puzzle together. It is amazing and very comical to watch.
Well it is now nearing the 3:30 mark and I will have to wake Matt from his nap. Luckily he usually wakes up happy and he knows Grandma and Grandpa are coming for dinner so I am hoping for a fun afternoon with this little man.

PS: He also loves to sleep with the blanket over his head. Is this safe?






No comments: