Wednesday, August 19, 2009

In a Blink of an Eye

August has gone by too quickly. It seems like I was just gearing up for Jack's birthday and now it is two weeks later. Since school starts next month I want to make sure to take full advantage of this time. We have had lots of play dates, a visit to the zoo, several birthday celebrations, a nice dinner with my grandparents and now two sick boys. I guess it is time to slow down and watch a little bit of Curious George.
Jack turned four August 10th. We had a great backyard birthday party with friends and family. I am not really looking forward to more birthdays though. I want Jack to stay a little toddler and not become a little boy! I enjoy his innocence, 1/2 days at school, his independence and vivid imagination. Riding a "big boy" bike is just about all I can take. He has to stop growing up now.
Matt thinks he is also four. All he wants is to play with Jack and his friends. He wants to ride bikes, sit at the table, play Candy Land and will probably want to go to school too. Matt still loves to cuddle and hug though which I hope lasts for several years.


Happy Birthday, Jack!


Matt so desperately wants to play ball


Sydney Ewald and Matt at the Brookfield Zoo


Becky Healy painting Jack's face


Picnic with the Doyle's


Tim burning our dinner :)


Ella Moreno and Matt at Monkey Business

Sick boys. Can you guess which one is feeling better?



Beach fun

No comments: