Terry and I hosted a Memorial Day party on Monday. We had very high hopes that the rain would hold off until late afternoon. We organized the party without a rain backup plan and trusted our Tom Skilling. Unfortunately it drizzled, rained, poured and the temperature dropped to about 55 degrees. Oh well. The party went on and everything seemed to come together just fine inside. The wonderful, resilient kids ventured outside and played anyways. There were some kids that I never even saw inside the house. God Bless them!
Matt loved every minute of the party. He will now be the host of any future parties at the house. He ran around, played, rode bikes and golfed with all the other kids. Poor Jack took a very bad fall about 20 minutes into the party. An hour later he fell asleep and stayed asleep (in bed) for about 2-3 hours. We finally woke him up at 5:30. He ate, played very little, said goodbye and then asked for bed again. The next day he said how much fun he had so I guess that is good.
The morning of the party, Terry and I ran the Beverly Ridge Run. The weather was perfect and the turn out was amazing. I have been training with a running group so I was well prepared. Terry on the other hand started training last week. He ran very well and now wants to do the longer distance next year. He will just have to start the training about 2 weeks in advance.
Our running group did very well and placed high in our age groups. So all in all it was a good weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment