Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I thought that after school started things would slow down a little. No such luck. After one great week of school, Jack is now scared to go. He cries when I drop him off but comes running out of the school laughing when I pick him up.
After pushing him to go for a couple of days, I thought we could spend the day together on Friday.
Jack and I took the train downtown to my dad's office. I got my teeth cleaned and Jack played with my dad. We did a little shopping afterwards and then headed home. At one point Jack said that he was hungry. We stopped at Starbuck's for a muffin but he insisted on a banana. I did not believe that he would eat it but he did. It was nice to spend some alone time with him. I feel bad that he is nervous about going to school. He is still a little boy but I know this is the best for him. Plus I love all the pictures he draws "when I am crying". They are posted all over our kitchen. The leaf was in his hand for about 5 hours. After carrying it to my dad's and back, he threw it on the front steps saying that he did not want it anymore. It was dirty.

2 comments:

Kathleen Ewald said...

Poor Jack....I am sure he'll love school soon enough. Change is always hard at first. Can't wait to see his drawings at Matt's party. Miss you and the boys.

no way said...

Darn! We could have gone on a downtown date with our boys together! I thought of calling you Saturday morning too. I should have!

Also, Sean says, every day without fail, that he doesn't want to go to school. And then he goes and he always enjoys himself. Isn't that odd? It must be some sort of preschooler power thing.