Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our Boys


Matt has been spending most of his days either asleep or eating but in the last two days he has been awake for about 30 - 40 minutes at a time.




This morning Matt was in a particularly good mood. We began the day with a massive search for his umbilical cord which fell off at some point last night. Jack loved looking at Matt's belly button but I don't think he really understood everything. It does not look pretty but I am really excited that the cord is gone.

After Matt ate, he enjoyed watching Jack play with his cars. It lasted for about 10 minutes but watching the two together was nice. I often feel guilty that I am telling Jack to wait until I put Matt to bed or wait until I feed Matt. I think now Jack is starting to see that Matt will be a play mate someday. If only he can stay awake!

1 comment:

jdoughe3 said...

This all sounds so familiar to me...so wonderful...we are so happy for the 4 of you. When Finn was born I kept thinking how fun it was to see love multiply - you don't think you could love anyone any more...and then you do...

A