








Our Boy is TWO!
Two years have flown by. Terry and I are so happy to have one of the most amazing little boys. It was touch and go that first year but Jack has evolved into a little toddler with lots of smiles, excitement and energy. He is speaking in full sentences, loves to sing, can play quietly with trucks and trains and is finally enjoying car rides.
I still remember back in February when I was putting him to bed and was thinking there is no way I could love someone as much as Jack. That was the day I found out that I was pregnant. I think God knew I was ready to have another baby. The present Terry and I are most looking forward to is a new brother for Jack. We just know the two will have so much fun together.
We celebrated Jack's birthday with a big party last weekend with about 10 of his friends. It was a great afternoon. I was really impressed that all of the two year olds did so well. Nothing was ruined or broken, there was very little crying and no fighting. Jack ran around and really enjoyed himself. The best part was singing happy birthday and blowing out the candle. He loved it so much that some (Lauren, Ricky and Kathleen) sang to him over and over again and let him blow his candle. This was better than opening presents.
We have spent this past week playing with Play-Doh, drawing on his Aqua Doodle and playing his baby grand piano. We are holding on to some of the toys to give him when his brother is born in November.
I think Terry and I are in agreement that we hope this next year doesn't fly by as quickly as last year's. We are enjoying Jack's independent nature but at the same time, we love that he still needs us to kiss his owies and give him hugs when he sees a "lion". We will always be here for that, Jack! Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Jack!
MJ, I am looking forward to hopefully seeing you guys next week!!
Post a Comment