Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What Have We Been Up To?

It has been just over a year since my last post. It is hard to keep up but so worth it. Matt and I were just skimming through the blog so we could pick out highlights from his last 6 years. In kindergarden, his teacher will read 1-2 things about each year of his life on his birthday. Matt and I got to reminisce about when he first walked, his first ER visit, the time he got lost at the zoo and his first airplane trip.

This past year has had is ups and downs. Most memorable was organizing a 5k fundraiser in memory of Terry's cousin who passed away from melanoma. We raised over $30,000 and opened an endowment at a local hospital so others may be able to have monetary help as they battle melanoma. My kids were very proud and all of us were able to work through many hard moments in dealing with losing a loved one.




In May Jack made his First Communion. He was very excited. His suit came off immediately after he walked though the front door but he nicely smiled and behaved at mass.


We also welcomed another cousin into the family. Little Davis Ewald was born January 30, 2013. Davis was so excited, Kathleen almost delivered him in the car. 


This year is was Matt's turn to get his tonsils out. Jack had his out the year before. He was very lethargic for a few days and could barely talk. I thought Matt would be the same way but I was wrong. Matt woke up from surgery screaming and crying. He was able to walk and eat shortly afterwards and even walked on his own out of the hospital. (Jack took the nurses up on their wheelchair offer). He is quiet a crazy little boy.




This year Jack entered a few 5k races. He got his first taste at the March 4 Meg 5k when he completed the race under an impressive 30 minutes. I then signed us up for a 5k run in Fish Creek when we vacationed in Door County. Jack also is in the Keller Running Club (I am the coach!). I love that he enjoys running. It is one of the first activities we have in common!








Not only did our family grow with the birth of Davis Ewald but we also gained a new Aunt / Sister In Law when in May, Ricky married Surhee Song in Hawaii. Surhee is an incredible person and we are so happy for them.






No comments: