Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Black and Blue Christmas

The past couple of weeks have been interesting. It started off pretty good with our first snow fall but then went south after that. Matt fell on a cup he was playing with and is now sporting a beautiful black eye. The next day I hit my head just right on a bedroom door and had to have 10 stitches. The doctor said I will probably have two black eyes by Christmas. Then last night Jack woke up with a fever of about 103. To top it off, we are hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Hopefully all the bad is behind us. Terry and I are looking forward to being at home for the holidays with family and friends. We are excited about not driving, putting the kids to bed early and staying up with family and eating all the leftovers this weekend.

The McGuffage's in better times...

A sick Jack falls asleep on the floor...

Matt and Jack's favorite activity is for Jack to hold one end of the baby monitor and for Matt to hold the other end. Jack then pulls Matt around the house. This is a very fun game for both boys and has kept them entertained for a long, long time.

2 comments:

no way said...

Oh no Meredith! I have to give you a call and catch up! We're not having such a great winter either-what's going on around here? I hope the rest of the season is better, and there are no more injuries!

And Sean likes to pull Meg around too-they both love it. Whatever keeps them happy makes me happy...

Cicely said...

I hope you called 311, no make that 911 as soon as you got your gash? You know I would have. :)

Stitches for Christmas?! You poor thing. You would never know what you went through looking at your lovely home and family pictures. Hope you are all better now. GEEZ!