Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Motherhood



Jack has been sick this week and hasn't been able to go to school for a few days. I hate to complain but all of the coughing, nose blowing and crabbiness is really getting to me. I also worry that missing school will get him out of the routine and next week will be hard again. However, Jack now seems to be on the mend and has been taking marathon naps so everything is balancing out. Matt does not seem to be sick yet. I have been cleaning everything but he always seems to get whatever Jack has. That means two weeks of sick kids and Terry or I will probably be sick once the kids are better and jumping off the walls!
Just when I was feeling stressed and worrying about the "what ifs" I noticed that the house was quiet. The two boys were playing next to one another so nicely. Matt usually gets bored and wants to know what Jack is doing but this time he was interested in his own toys. I was able to cook dinner in peace. It is always when I want to give up that the kids do something amazing. Thanks goodness for the little things.

1 comment:

no way said...

This video is so sweet. Seriously, it is things like this that get you through at times. Matt is such a big boy now, I can't believe it!

Get well soon, Jack!