Monday, July 28, 2008

Jack and the Slide


Jack and Matt spent the day with Terry and I went to my Aunt Debbie's for Kathleen's wedding shower. Terry took the boys to the opening of a new fire station and then to the park. I was so sad to miss the fire house but Kathleen's shower was incredible. Only about another 5 weeks until the big day. I know I will be a mess. I haven't really gotten emotional yet but I know I will. With 6 years between us, she sometimes feels like my daughter (and I think Kathleen thinks of me as a nagging mother!).
I had to post the picture of the new guest towel with the "E" on it. This is the same letter/font that Kathleen is using for her invites. My aunt Mary was able to have someone stitch it into a towel. It was so nice and such a wonderful keepsake.


2 comments:

no way said...

Wow Meredith! That shower looks gorgeous! And the monogrammed towel is such a great gift.

I, too, missed the firehouse opening. Dan took the kids. And I was also disappointed to miss it. Isn't that funny, the things we look forward to these days?

And I love the video of Matt, below.

Cicely said...

Kathleen will make such a lovely bride. I love the dress she wore to the shower, she looks stunning already. Sisters are the best and she really lucked out having you for one.I think being a mother makes you more of one to your siblings too girl. Poor them!