Thursday, January 31, 2008

Grandma Janet



It has been awhile since the last post mostly because I have been working with Matt on getting him to sleep on his own. This week has been much better compared to the last three months. For two nights now, Matt has been waking up only once and has slept the entire night in his room (no couch for us at 4:00 in the morning). A dear friend told me to give a bottle to Matt before bed (thank you, Annie) and I think it has made a difference. He is such a little moose with his round head and double chin but he is sleeping better.
Life would have been completely unbearable if it weren't for Grandma Janet. She will come over in a pinch and will watch one of the boys at least once a week. She has been a lifesaver. Between the bitter cold and Matt wanting to be held all the time, Terry and I would not have survived for long without her help. I hope Janet survives Saturday night when she will watch both kids for the first time!
Jack has been a character. Terry and I are loving life with him. He is talking so much and is actually very funny. He tells us that he wants to play with his trains for "two more minutes" and then he will go to bed. He also will tell Terry about his day when he comes home from work. The kid remembers everything and will tell Terry things that I don't think he notices during the day. I wish he would stay this way for awhile. We have already noticed that he does not run to the window to see the fire trucks nor does he line up his cars at our window bench anymore. Jack has now moved on to reading by himself, playing with his trains and working on puzzles. I wish I could make Jack stop growing and make Matt grow a few months.

1 comment:

jdoughe3 said...

I meant a bottle SCOTCH! That always helps James and the kids sleep through the night! Lots of Love!
A