Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tough Love


As soon as Jack turned 3 I knew I had to get tough with the potty training. It has been a very rough week with lots of crying, begging and Jack sitting on the potty for hours at a time. On Thursday I finally gave up. Jack wore diapers and I gathered strength to go to battle again. On Friday I forced Jack into diapers and took him out in public. We visited his school, the train station and American Mattress (to get a big boy bed). Jack did so well. It was amazing. He never cried, had an accident or made me feel guilty. By the end of the day we were both smiling and enjoying one another again. That night I put Matt to bed and Terry started to make dinner. Terry said that Jack called for him and he walked in to see Jack had done a number 2! Major break through. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. Yeah, Jack!

1 comment:

no way said...

Hooray for Jack! Way to get closer to being fully diaper-free. I bet going to preschool will be the thing that really makes him want to ditch the diaper. You must be so happy Meredith!